Disabled Widow’s Benefit / Disabled Widower’s Benefit (DWB)
Disability benefits may be payable to a widow or widower if he or she meets all of the following requirements:
- The widow or widower is between ages 50 and 60;
- The widow or widower meets the definition of disability for adults; and
- The disability started before the worker’s death or within seven years after the spouse’s death.
Apply for DWB
To apply for Disabled Widow’s/Widower’s Benefits:
- Complete the online Adult Disability Report; and
- Schedule an appointment to complete the application.
To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, or contact your local district Social Security office.