- The Accident Occurs and The Plaintiff is Injured
- Medical Treatment
- Hiring an Attorney (optional)
- The Lawyer Investigates the Claim and Obtains Medical Records
- Lawyer Considers Whether to Make a Pre-Lawsuit Demand
- Potential Negotiation of Settlement Before a Lawsuit
- Litigation: A Lawsuit is Filed in Court and Served on the Defendant
- The Defendant Hires an Attorney
- The Discovery Process
- Mediation and Negotiation / Potential Settlement
- A Judge or Jury Trial
For more information, see this example of a personal injury case, which has been separated into three stages:
Don’t be scared by the Florida legal system; it can result in your failing to advocate for your rights. Remember, the system is there to look after your essential rights – something a Pensacola personal injury lawyer can also help with.
Most personal injury cases have three primary stages: investigation, negotiation and litigation. Often these stages overlap, and many cases are resolved without the need for litigation at all. In general, though, you can expect your personal injury lawyer to assist you at each stage of the process.
Accidents can cause serious physical injuries and in some cases, death. If you’ve been injured in an accident, the responsible parties may be responsible for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Ortiz Law Firm is prepared to help injured individuals take action against negligent or careless drivers and vehicle owners. For more information about your rights as a victim, call us at 850-308-7833.