Union Security Insurance Company and Long Term Disability Claims and Appeals
Union Security Insurance Company (“USIC”) is a long term disability insurer and plan administrator. A Long-Term Disability insurance policy with Union Security should pay you a monthly benefit if you are unable to work due to a disabling accident injury or illness. Unfortunately, Union Security does not always approve long term disability claims when it should. As experienced LTD insurance attorneys, the Ortiz Law Firm has represented clients with their long-term disability claims against Union Security.
Union Security Disability Insurance Policy
Long-Term Disability insurance should provide comprehensive, long-term benefits that would cover a disability caused by an accident or sickness. A sample Union Security Plan definition of the term disability is as follows:
During the first 24 months of a period of disability (including the qualifying period), an injury, sickness, or pregnancy requires that you be under the regular care and attendance of a doctor, and prevents you from performing at least one of the material duties of your regular occupation; and after 24 months of disability, an injury, sickness, or pregnancy prevents you from performing at least one of the material duties of each gainful occupation for which your education, training, and experience qualifies you.
Union Security Long Term Disability Attorneys
The attorneys with the Ortiz Law Firm are experienced in handling long term disability denials (and terminations of benefits) and have represented clients with their long-term disability claims against Union Security. The disability attorneys with the Ortiz Law Firm have provided and offer the following legal services for disability claimants that have a long-term disability insurance policy or disability income policy purchased from Union Security:
- Legal representation in the appeal of a Union Security denial of long-term disability benefits;
- Appeal of cessation of benefits when Union Security wrongfully terminates LTD benefits that were previously approved;
- Representation in ERISA claims, including an appeal of a Union Security denial letter for group long-term disability benefits;
- Representation in a Federal lawsuit against Union Security for the denial of long-term disability benefits; and/or
- Negotiation of Lump-sum buyout offer of a Union Security long-term disability insurance policy.
Call The Ortiz Law Firm, experienced and national long term disability and ERISA attorneys, at 850-308-7833 for a free case evaluation in your disability claim.