Have You Been Injured In A Pensacola Bicycle Accident? Attorney Nick Ortiz Is Here To Help
Sharing the Road: You Do Have Rights After a Bicycle Accident
Riding a bicycle is a common form of transportation for many Americans. It is a cheaper option than maintaining a car if you don’t have very far to go and it is a great way to exercise. Unfortunately, it can also be dangerous, as proven by a recent statistic that claims that there are nearly 1,000 fatalities due to bicycle accidents every year in the United States. Another 44,000 cyclists are injured each year as well. Many of these accidents are not the fault of the bike rider. Yet, because of the carelessness of a car driver, biking accidents can lead to all types of serious injuries.
Such injuries tend to be much worse than in accidents between cars because bike riders have much less physical protection than someone inside a car or truck. The most common cause of death in bike accidents is a head injury, which is why the use of bicycle helmets is so important. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has said that 95% of bicyclists killed each year were not wearing helmets. Many other kinds of injuries can be inflicted as well, including deep cuts and scars, bone fractures, soft tissue injury, spinal injury and paralysis. If you are involved in a biking accident, be sure to carefully document the specifics of the accident and your injuries. Get the opinion of your doctor as to your medical condition and consult your lawyer as to what legal steps you should take next.
We Help Injured Bicycle Riders Get The Compensation They Deserve
Our Pensacola bicycle accident attorney assists injured bicyclists in obtaining the compensation they are due, including the following types of injuries:
- Cycling injuries caused by negligence (the negligent or reckless acts of others);
- Injuries involving accidents between automobiles/cars and bicycles;
- Wrongful deaths involving cyclists;
- Accidents between bicycles and trucks, SUVs and big-wheelers;
- Motorcycle accidents with bicycles;
- Cycling accidents caused by defects in the road, such as potholes, dangerous road gratings, and unsafe man-hole covers;
- Bicycle accidents caused by improperly parked motor vehicles;
- Bicycle crashes caused by dogs or other domestic animals;
- Insurance claims for bicyclists; and
- Property damage claims for cyclists.
If you or a loved one was injured or wrongfully killed in a bicycle accident, you have the right to sue the negligent driver for damages. These can include monetary compensation for physical or emotional harm, medical costs and time missed from work. Contact us online or call us directly at 850-898-9904for your free consultation with an experienced bicycle accident attorney.