If I miss work as a result of a Florida car accident can my lost wages be recovered?

Yes. If you’ve been injured in an accident, you can receive your lost wages in one of two ways. One is if you’re a resident in the state of Florida, then you have personal injury protection, and you can have up to 60% of your wages paid for by your own insurance company. Second, for the other 40%, or if you don’t have PIP coverage under your own policy, then you are entitled to make a claim for all of your lost wages or 40% that wasn’t covered by PIP from the other driver’s insurance company.