Injured in bicycle accident, how do medical bills get paid?

So this answer is not going to be so obvious because it depends on whether you have car insurance. So if you’re injured in a wreck, we live in a no fault state. What that means is if you have a vehicle and you have insurance, then you should have personal injury protection, or PIP for short. Your PIP under your auto insurance should pay the first part of your medical bills, even though you’re on a bicycle. If you don’t have a car and you live with someone else in your family, a resident relative, then their PIP would cover you for your injuries. Now if you don’t have a car and no PIP and a resident relative does not have any PIP, then you have the right to make a claim against the other at fault driver in connection with the accident.