Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company and Long Term Disability Claims and Appeals
Underwritten by United of Omaha Life Insurance Company (Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company in NY), Mutual of Omaha’s “Disability Income Choice Portfolio” offers Long-Term Disability insurance. A Long-Term Disability insurance policy with Mutual of Omaha should pay you a monthly benefit if you are unable to work due to a disabling accident injury or illness. Unfortunately, Mutual of Omaha does not always approve long term disability claims when it should. As a disability insurance attorney, Nick A. Ortiz has represented clients with their long-term disability claims against Mutual of Omaha.
Mutual of Omaha Disability Insurance Policy
Long-Term Disability insurance should provide comprehensive, long-term benefits that would cover a disability caused by an accident or sickness. Some of the benefits included in a base policy with Mutual of Omaha are:
- Total Disability Income Benefit: If an injury or illness prevents you from performing the duties of your regular job, and you aren’t gainfully employed in another occupation, Mutual of Omaha will pay you a monthly benefit once the elimination period (waiting period) has been met. After the first 24 months following the elimination period, if you have not reached your maximum benefit period, Mutual of Omaha will continue to pay a monthly benefit as long as you are unable to perform the duties of any job for which you are reasonably qualified based on education, training and experience.
- Proportionate Disability Benefit: If an injury prevents you from performing the duties of your regular job in the normal time it would take to do them, and your loss of monthly income is at least 20 percent, Mutual of Omaha will pay you a percentage of the total disability monthly benefit proportionate to your loss of income once the elimination period has been met. Payable for up to 24 months.
Background on Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company
Mutual of Omaha has multiple subsidiaries including: United of Omaha Life Insurance Company, Companion Life Insurance Company, United World Life Insurance Company Mutual of Omaha Investor Services, Inc., Continuum Worldwide and Omaha Financial Holdings, Inc.
Mutual of Omaha’s products include long-term disability insurance policies.
Mutual of Omaha Long Term Disability Attorney
Florida attorney Nick A. Ortiz is an experienced long term disability insurance attorney and has represented clients with their long-term disability claims against Mutual of Omaha. Disability attorney Nick A. Ortiz has provided and offers the following legal services for disability claimants that have a long-term disability insurance policy or disability income policy purchased from Mutual of Omaha:
- Assistance with am application for long-term disability benefits with Mutual of Omaha;
- Legal representation in the appeal of a Mutual of Omaha denial of long-term disability benefits;
- Appeal of cessation of benefits when Mutual of Omaha wrongfully terminates LTD benefits that were previously approved;
- Representation in ERISA claims, including an appeal of a Mutual of Omaha denial letter for group long-term disability benefits;
- Representation in a Federal lawsuit against Mutual of Omaha for the denial of long-term disability benefits; and/or
- Negotiation of Lump-sum buyout offer of a Mutual of Omaha long-term disability insurance policy.
Call Nick A. Ortiz, an experienced long term disability and ERISA attorney, at 850-308-7833 for a free case evaluation in your disability claim.