- I Already Have a Good Health Insurance Policy. Do I Need Really Need Disability Insurance?
- What is Short-Term Disability Insurance?
- What is Long Term Disability Insurance?
- My Employer Offers Me LTD Coverage as a Fringe Benefit Cheaper Than I Can Buy it on My Own. Is the Group Coverage the Same as if I Bought My Own Individual Disability Policy?
- What is the Difference Between Individual Disability Policies and Group Disability Policies?
- Why is it So Important to Determine Whether My LTD Coverage is Under an Individual or Group Policy?
- What is ERISA And What Does It Have to Do with My LTD Claim?
- What is ERISA Preemption?
- Is My Claim Governed by ERISA?
- Can I Receive Long Term Disability Benefits And Unemployment Benefits At The Same Time?
- Does My Own Private Disability Insurance Offset Or Limit The Amount Of Social Security Benefits I Receive?
Filing a Claim
- Do You Have to Be Permanently Disabled to Get Long Term Disability?
- How Do I Go About Filing a Disability Claim?
- How to Make a Claim for STD or LTD Benefits Under ERISA?
- Does The Insurance Company Have Access to My Hospital Records if I Do Not Give Them Consent?
- What is Your Residual Functional Capacity, or RFC?
- I Have Multiple Doctors Treating Me for My Disability. Is it Okay to Send More Than One Doctor’s Letter to the Insurance Company?
- Can a Doctor’s Letter Win a Disability Case or Get You Approved for Benefits?
- Can My Claim Be Denied for Failure to Follow Doctors Orders?
- What is a Medically Determinable Impairment?
Delays and Denials
- Why Is My Insurance Company Delaying Payment on My Claim?
- How Do Delays Benefit the Insurance Company?
- I Filed My Individual Disability Insurance Claim and it Has Been Denied. What Do I Do Now?
- Doc Says I Can’t Work, But The Insurance Company Won’t Approve Me. What Should I Do?
- When is an Insurance Company Considered to Have Committed a “Bad Faith” Denial of a Disability Claim?
Hiring a Lawyer
- Why is it So Important That I Appeal?
- Do I Have to File an Appeal in Every Case?
- Why Should I Bother Appealing with the Same Insurance Company That Has Already Denied My Claim?
- Do I Have a Limited Amount of Time to Appeal the Denial of My Disability Benefits?
- How Do I Appeal a Denial of Benefits on My Own?
- Oops. I Missed The 180-Day Appeal Deadline. What Do I Do Now?
- Should I File a Complaint with My State’s Department of Insurance?
- How Long Does the Insurance Company Have to Make a Decision on My Appeal?
- Can I File a Lawsuit Against the Insurance Company Without First Filing an Appeal?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After the Insurance Company Has Advised Me That I Have “Exhausted” My Administrative Appeals?
- What is the Arbitrary and Capricious Standard?
- Can an Insured Sue for Future Policy Benefits and Attorney’s Fees Insured When Suing an Insurer for Long Term Care Disability Benefits?