The Appeals Council review process generally begins after an application for benefits has been denied at the initial, reconsideration, and hearing levels. If you disagree with the decision of the Administrative Law Judge, you may file a request for review with the Appeals Council.
- How to Request an Appeals Council Review
- Time Limits for Appeal
- Submitting new evidence to the Appeals Council
- What happens when you request review of an Administrative Law Judge’s hearing decision?
- Tips on how to shorten the request for review process
- Your Right to Representation
- What happens when you disagree with the Appeals Council’s decision?
- General Statistics on Request for Review