Under the right circumstances, almost any illness or injury can be cause to file a claim for long-term disability benefits or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. A disabling illness or injury can happen at any time. Your disability could be the result of a personal injury: maybe you were involved in a car accident and suffered a debilitating spinal injury, or you may experience a sudden heart attack or stroke. If you are struggling to obtain disability benefits then a Mesa disability lawyer can help.
Many of the major employers in Mesa, Arizona, such as Infusionsoft, PetSmart, Circle K, the state of Arizona, and Banner Health, offer disability insurance benefits to their employees. If your employer offers disability insurance, you may be entitled to benefits if you are suffering from an illness or injury that prevents you from performing the regular duties of your occupation. Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) are also options. In order to qualify for Social Security Disability benefits or SSI, you must be unable to work in any occupation for a full 12-month period.
Ortiz Law Firm handles Mesa, AZ., Social Security Disability claims and claims for long-term disability, ERISA, and disability insurance benefits. If you are unable to work as a result of an injury or accident, contact our office right away to schedule a free consultation so you can see what our ERISA and Social Security disability lawyers can do to help you. We offer a no recovery, zero-fee guarantee, which means that your disability lawyer will only get paid if we are able to recover benefits for you.
Mesa Long Term Disability, ERISA, and Disability Insurance Claims
Our job is to make the insurance company pay the benefits you are owed and maximize your recovery under your LTD policy. We never charge any attorney fees or costs unless we recover benefits for you. Our long term disability lawyers are serving Mesa, AZ, and will assist clients with the following:
- If you have been denied benefits, we can help prepare and file your administrative appeal with the insurance company in an effort to maximize the chances that your LTD claim will be approved.
- If your benefits have been cut-off or terminated, we can help prepare the appeal to have your benefits reinstated.
- If you have exhausted your administrative appeals with the insurance company, we may be able to file a lawsuit against the insurance company.
- Our firm does not typically handle short-term disability cases. However, if your short-term disability benefits have been denied and you have long-term disability coverage that may be impacted then we may be able to assist you with that claim as well.
- If you have been offered a lump sum settlement offer, we can help you evaluate the fairness of the offer and possibly negotiate for a higher settlement amount.
Exceptions and Exclusions to Disability Benefits
In order to qualify for long-term disability benefits, you must meet the definition of disability as defined by your disability insurance policy. Even if your disabling condition does meet the definition of a disability under your individual or group disability insurance plan, your claim may still be denied due to exclusions and exceptions to coverage such as:
- Mental health: many policies will only pay benefits for 24-months if a claimant is disabled due to a mental health problem.
- Pre-existing conditions: although the definition of a pre-existing condition will vary, most policies will not pay benefits if a claimant is disabled due to a pre-existing condition.
- Criminal acts: most policies will not pay a claim if you were injured during the commission of a “criminal act.”
- Drugs or alcohol: If you were injured while driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you will most likely be disqualified from receiving benefits.
- Acts of war: This could mean you were injured during military service or even as the result of a terrorist attack. Applicants who were
These exclusions and exceptions are likely listed in your disability policy or plan, but that does not mean that a denial based on said exclusion will hold up in court. If your claim has been wrongfully denied in Arizona, don’t give up. Call a national disability attorney with experience appealing long-term disability denials. The disability attorneys at Ortiz Law Firm have recovered millions in benefits for past clients located in Mesa, AZ., Phoenix, AZ., and even across the country.
If your individual or group disability insurance company wrongfully delayed or denied your individual or group disability claim, but you know you can’t work, contact the experienced legal team at Ortiz Law Firm. Our disability attorneys have experience with disability and ERISA law. We know how to fight back against the tricks and tactics the insurance company will use to wrongfully deny your individual or group disability claim. Let a professional pick up the fight for you so you can focus on your medical treatment.
Mesa, Arizona Courts, Government, and Department of Insurance Information
District of Arizona Case Summaries for Review
Mesa, AZ Social Security Disability Lawyers
If you need help with an application or appeal, you’ve come to the right place. Although we are based in Pensacola, Florida, the Social Security Disability lawyers at Ortiz Law Firm assist AZ Social Security Disability claimants with initial applications for benefits, the appeals process, and represent claimants at hearings. These claims are governed by federal law, so there is no reason to limit yourself to working with a Social Security Disability lawyer or law group in your local area.
Our Social Security Disability lawyers handle claims at the following stages:
- Initial Application
- Request for Reconsideration
- Request for Hearing before an Administrative Law Judge
Other Social Security-related practice areas include Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Disabled Adult Child, and Widow(er)’s Benefit claims.
Mesa SSA Locations and Resources
The Mesa Social Security Disability claim process starts at the local Mesa, AZ Social Security Administration office. However, Mesa Social Security Disability claims that proceed to the hearing level will be processed at the Office of Hearing Operations in Phoenix, AZ (which is the hearing office serving Mesa and several other nearby cities in Arizona).
If You’re Disabled in Mesa, Call Disability Attorney Nick Ortiz
You should not allow our geographic location to limit your contacting us to see what our Long Term Disability and Social Security Disability lawyers can do to help you get the disability benefits you deserve. We are not a general practice law group: our primary practice areas are Long Term Disability and SSDI/SSI benefits. Individuals whose long term disability claims have been wrongfully denied or terminated are eligible to receive a free consultation. We also offer free consultations for individuals seeking Social Security Disability benefits.
Nick Ortiz is a board-certified disability attorney with years of experience who knows how to get his clients the benefits they deserve. He and the experienced legal team at Ortiz Law Firm have recovered millions in LTD, SSDI, and SSI benefits for past clients. We review each claim on a case-by-case basis, regardless of your location. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your claim with you. To schedule your free consultation with a Mesa disability lawyer, contact us by phone at (866) 853-7703 or contact our firm through our website.