How do I appeal my claim for SSD or SSI disability benefits if it is denied?

One way you can file an appeal is through an attorney or representative. You can go to your attorney’s office, and they have all the paperwork there to file an appeal with you. If you want to do it on your own, then there are two primary ways. One is to go online at, and they have steps to file an appeal online, or you can go to your local social security office and tell them you want to file an appeal