“AXA” is the brand name of AXA Equitable Financial Services, LLC and its family of companies, including AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, MONY Life Insurance Company of America, AXA Advisors, LLC., and AXA Distributors, LLC. AXA’s primary life insurance company, AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, is among the largest life insurance and disability companies in the United States. AXA US holds more than $584 billion in assets under management, as of June 30, 2014, with nearly 2.7 million customers nationwide.
If illness or injury keeps you out of work, the loss of income can be compounded by medical expenses. Disability insurance is critical to minimizing the impact of this loss. Being prepared means ensuring you are adequately insured. Disability Insurance can help provide a much-needed source of income to help you manage your expenses while you work toward recovery.
According to AXA’s website, “AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company does not issue disability income insurance policies.” However, there are published court cases that seem to indicate that AXA did issue disability policies in the past.
Appealing A Long Term Disability Denial by AXA Equitable Life
If you have an individual disability insurance policy, or if you are a government or church employee, you might not need to undergo an administrative appeal with the insurance company before filing a lawsuit against the insurer. It’s vital that you consult with an experienced disability attorney to fully understand your legal rights.
If you are covered under a group disability policy, your policy most likely falls under the jurisdiction of ERISA. ERISA law has rigorous appeal protocols and stringent deadlines. ERISA mandates an internal or administrative appeal when benefits are denied or halted. Typically, there’s a narrow window for filing an appeal, often just 180 days. Some policies may also grant an optional secondary appeal.
AXA Equitable Life Long Term Disability Attorney
Attorney Nick A. Ortiz specializes in assisting claimants with long-term disability insurance claims or individual disability income claims that have been denied. His legal services include:
- Assisting with appeals against AXA denials for individual or government long-term disability insurance benefits.
- Handling ERISA appeals against AXA Equitable Life Insurance for denied group LTD insurance benefits.
- Assisting with appeals against AXA for the unjust termination of individual or government long-term disability insurance benefits.
- Navigating ERISA appeals against AXA Equitable Life Insurance for wrongfully terminated group LTD insurance benefits.
- Filing lawsuits against AXA Equitable Life Insurance following the final denial of individual or government long-term disability insurance benefits.
- Filing ERISA lawsuits against AXA following the final denial of group long-term disability benefits.
- Facilitating lump-sum buyouts or settlements of an AXA Equitable Life Insurance long-term disability insurance policy.
For a free case evaluation with AXA disability attorney Nick Ortiz contact the Ortiz Law Firm at (888) 321-8131.