AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company and Long Term Disability
“AXA” is the brand name of AXA Equitable Financial Services, LLC and its family of companies, including AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, MONY Life Insurance Company of America, AXA Advisors, LLC. , and AXA Distributors, LLC. AXA’s primary life insurance company, AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, is among the largest life insurance and disability companies in the United States. AXA US holds more than $584 billion in assets under management, as of June 30, 2014, with nearly 2.7 million customers nationwide.
If illness or injury keeps you out of work, the loss of income can be compounded by medical expenses. Disability insurance is critical to minimizing the impact of this loss. Being prepared means ensuring you are adequately insured. Disability Insurance can help provide a much-needed source of income to help you manage your expenses while you work toward recovery.
According to AXA’s website, “AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company does not issue disability income insurance policies.” However, there are published court cases which seem to indicate that AXA did issue disability policies in the past.
Appeal of AXA Equitable Life Denial Letter
If you have an individual policy or are a government employee and your long term disability claim has been denied or cut-off, you may not have to file an administrative appeal with the insurance company to enforce your rights. You should consult with an experienced disability attorney to determine your legal rights.
If you have a group plan AXA disability policy, your policy is likely governed by ERISA. ERISA does have strict appeal procedures and deadlines. ERISA requires an internal or administrative appeal if your benefits are terminated or denied. The time limit to file an appeal is very limited, usually only 180 days. Under some policies, you may have a second, voluntary appeal.
AXA Equitable Life Long Term Disability Attorney
Disability attorney Nick A. Ortiz offers the following legal services for disability claimants that have a long-term disability insurance policy or individual disability income policy purchased from AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company:
- Appeal of an AXA denial of individual or government long-term disability insurance benefits;
- ERISA appeal of an AXA Equitable Life Insurance denial of group LTD insurance benefits;
- Appeal of an AXA wrongful termination of individual or government long-term disability insurance benefits;
- ERISA appeal of an AXA Equitable Life Insurance wrongful termination of group LTD insurance benefits;
- Lawsuit against AXA Equitable Life Insurance after final denial of individual or government long-term disability insurance benefits;
- ERISA Lawsuit against AXA after final denial of group long-term disability benefits; and
- Lump-sum buyout or settlement of an AXA Equitable Life Insurance long-term disability insurance policy.
Call AXA disability attorney Nick A. Ortiz at 850-308-7833 for a free case evaluation.