If you applied for benefits, you can check the status of your application online.
Your application status shows:
- The date Social Security received your application;
- Any requests for additional documents;
- The address of the office processing your application; and
- If a decision has been made.
If you receive an error, it may be because:
- You entered an incorrect Social Security number or confirmation number;
- You did not complete the application; or
- Social Security made a final decision on your application more than four months ago.