The Great-West Life Assurance Company has 65 years of experience in the disability insurance market. Great-West sells both personal disability products to individuals and group plans.
Great-West offers several disability insurance plans for individuals, whether you are a professional, business owner or employee. Each of these plans includes standard features and optional benefits.
- Disability Insurance for Professionals, Business Owners and Employees – Professional: Great-West’s Professional product is a high-end disability policy for professionals, business owners and employees looking for flexibility and a wide range of optional benefits. The basic Professional plan includes valuable built-in features and optional benefit riders.
- Disability Insurance for Business Owners – BOSSPlus: Great-West designed BOSSplus exclusively for business owners who are concerned with their cash flow if they become disabled. The basic BOSSPlus plan includes valuable built-in features and optional benefit riders.
- Disability Insurance for Employees – Protector: Protector is a disability insurance policy for employees who are looking for flexibility in the design of their individual disability insurance plan—from basic coverage to comprehensive protection. The basic Protector plan also includes valuable built-in features and optional benefit riders.
- Low-Cost Disability Insurance – Competitor: Great-West’s Competitor plan offers low-cost disability coverage geared to people whose occupations or current work situations make it challenging to obtain coverage, such as part-time or seasonal workers, owners of home-based businesses and new business owners.
The basic Competitor plan includes valuable built-in features and optional benefit riders.
Group Standard Disability Insurance Plans
Great-West also offers group long term disability plans to provide a source of income for group plan members on disability. These group LTD benefits replace a percentage of the plan member’s earnings in the event the participant is no longer able to work due to a sickness or injury. The group plans include an integrated claims management process.
Legal Help in Getting Your Great-West Disability Claim Approved
When challenging a decision made by Great-West, enlisting a seasoned disability attorney can be beneficial. We represent claimants through every phase of the LTD appeal journey, which includes:
- Clarifying the reason your claim was denied or terminated;
- Gathering proof of your disability, including medical records and other documents to support your appeal;
- Completing any appeal-related paperwork;
- Ensuring timely submission of your appeal;
- Filing a breach of contract lawsuit in state courts or an ERISA case in Federal Court (if necessary); and/or
- Litigating your individual disability claim in state court or briefing your case for consideration by a federal judge during the ERISA lawsuit.
We are here to help you through the long term disability appeal process. To discuss your case with a knowledgeable Great-West disability claims attorney, call Ortiz Law Firm today at (888) 321-8131.