You can check the status of your claim at www.ssa.gov. The online application status will advise you:
- when your application was received;
- whether additional evidence or other documents have been requested;
- the address of the local Social Security office that is processing your application for benefits; and
- whether a decision has been issued.
If you receive an error, it may be because:
- You entered an incorrect Social Security number or confirmation number;
- You did not complete the application; or
- Social Security made a final decision on your application more than four months ago.
If you do not have online access, or are otherwise unable to check the status of your application online, you may also check the status of your claim by:
- Calling Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday; or
- Contacting your local Social Security office.