Here are some myths you may have heard concerning disability insurance companies:
- The best way to convince the insurance company that you cannot work at your secretarial job is for you to write a 60 page letter describing your medical condition in exquisite detail.
- Any lawyer can help you with your ERISA long term disability claim.
- You should hold back your best evidence for trial.
- Your doctors will come to trial to testify for and convince the judge that you are disabled.
- You will be allowed to testify at trial if your case is filed.
- If your doctors write that you are disabled then you should automatically win your case.
- The insurance company appeal process is fair and unbiased.
- You are on a level playing field with the insurance company.
- If your employer says you to disabled to work, your insurance company will automatically pay.
If you believe anything that’s listed in this list of myths, then the insurance company has a huge advantage over you.