Here are some myths you may have heard concerning the long-term disability claims process and insurance companies:
- The best way to convince the insurance company that you cannot work at your secretarial job is for you to write a 60-page letter describing your medical condition in exquisite detail.
- Any lawyer can help you with your ERISA long-term disability claim.
- You should hold back your best evidence for trial.
- Your doctors will come to trial to testify for and convince the judge that you are disabled.
- You will be allowed to testify at trial if your case is filed.
- If your doctors write that you are disabled then you should automatically win your case.
- The insurance company’s appeal process is fair and unbiased.
- You are on a level playing field with the insurance company.
- If your employer says you’re too disabled to work, your insurance company will automatically pay benefits.
If you believe anything that’s listed in this list of myths, then the insurance company has a huge advantage over you.