New York Life Long Term Disability Claims
Disability insurance can provide peace of mind in case of an accident or sickness that makes you incapable of working. New York Life’s portfolio of products includes Long Term Disability and Disability Income insurance for key business persons. Group disability products are also available.
Although disability insurance benefits are meant to replace lost income, unfortunately insurance companies do not always pay benefits as they should with legitimate claims.
Appeal of New York Life LTD Denial Letter
If you have an individual policy or are a government employee and your New York Life long term disability claim has been denied or cut-off, you may not have to file an administrative appeal with the insurance company to enforce your rights. You should consult with an experienced disability attorney to determine your legal rights.
If you have a group plan New York Life Insurance Company disability policy, your policy is likely governed by ERISA. ERISA does have strict appeal procedures and deadlines. ERISA requires an internal or administrative appeal if your benefits are terminated or denied. The time limit to file an appeal is very limited, usually only 180 days. Under some policies, you may have a second, voluntary appeal.
New York Life Long Term Disability Insurance Attorney
Florida disability attorney Nick A. Ortiz offers the following legal services for disability claimants that have a long-term disability insurance policy or individual disability income policy purchased from New York Life Insurance Company:
- Appeal of a New York Life denial of individual or government long-term disability insurance benefits;
- ERISA appeal of a New York Life Insurance Company denial of group LTD insurance benefits;
- Appeal of a New York Life wrongful termination of individual or government long-term disability insurance benefits;
- ERISA appeal of a New York Life Insurance Company wrongful termination of group LTD insurance benefits;
- Lawsuit against New York Life after final denial of individual or government long-term disability insurance benefits;
- ERISA Lawsuit against New York Life after final denial of group long-term disability benefits; and
- Lump-sum buyout or settlement of a New York Life long-term disability insurance policy.
Call New York Life disability attorney Nick A. Ortiz at 850-898-9904 for a free case evaluation.