Voya Financial / ING / ReliaStar Disability
VOYA Financial, which itself has rebranded from ING U.S. ReliaStar Life Insurance Company, now provides Voya Employee Benefits insurance products and services in the U.S.
At Voya Employee Benefits, their Managed Disability program (formerly ING Disability Claims Management Services) uses a process to determine eligibility for long term disability benefits under specific disability income plans:
- They obtain medical data from doctors to evaluate individual situations;
- They process substantiated disability claims; and
- They determine the appropriate length of the absence, based on the claimant’s functional capabilities and occupational requirements.
Unfortunately, legitimate claims may be denied or terminated / cut-off.
Top Reasons Why Voya Denies Claims
Appeal of a Voya Financial / ING / ReliaStar Denial Letter
If you have an individual policy or are a government employee and your Reliastar long term disability claim has been denied or cut-off, you may not have to file an administrative appeal with the insurance company to enforce your rights. You should consult with an experienced disability attorney to determine your legal rights.
If you have a group plan ReliaStar Life Insurance Company disability policy, your policy is likely governed by ERISA. ERISA does have strict appeal procedures and deadlines. ERISA requires an internal or administrative appeal if your benefits are terminated or denied. The time limit to file an appeal is very limited, usually only 180 days. Under some policies, you may have a second, voluntary appeal.
Voya Financial / ING / ReliaStar Long Term Disability Attorney
Florida disability attorney Nick A. Ortiz offers the following legal services for disability claimants that have a long term disability insurance policy or individual disability income policy purchased from Voya Financial / ING / ReliaStar Life Insurance Company:
- Appeal of a ReliaStar denial of individual or government long term disability insurance benefits;
- ERISA appeal of a ReliaStar Life Insurance Company denial of group LTD insurance benefits;
- Appeal of a ReliaStar wrongful termination of individual or government long term disability insurance benefits;
- ERISA appeal of a ReliaStar Life Insurance Company wrongful termination of group LTD insurance benefits;
- Lawsuit against ReliaStar after final denial of individual or government long term disability insurance benefits;
- ERISA Lawsuit against ReliaStar after final denial of group long term disability benefits; and
- Lump-sum buyout or settlement of a ReliaStar long term disability insurance policy.
Call Voya Financial / ING / ReliaStar disability attorneys at the Ortiz Law Firm at (888) 321-8131 for a free case evaluation.